BUS SECURITY CONSULTING
CAT Eyes motorcoach security consulting services (including school bus companies) are delivered to your company by retired military and law enforcement professionals. We have been contracted to do work with numerous bus companies to include Coach USA, Peter Pan Bus, Academy Bus, Trailways, Rocklin Unified School District and many other small carriers. We are proud members of the American Bus Association (ABA), Trailways Association, Bus Industry Safety Council (BISC), International Counter-Terrorism Officers Association (ICTOA), Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), and the American Legion. Our President serves as the Chairperson of the Security Committee for the American Bus Association, member of the DHS Infrastructure Protection’s Information Sharing working group, and is active in numerous Homeland Security Exercises and Initiatives. CAT Eyes has written and administered over $4 million dollars in Intercity Bus Security grants for our customers. Click on each of the links below for more information.
Federal Grant Writing
Company Security Assessments
Company Security Plans (includes OHSA and COOP) Planning
Terrorism Awareness Training for Companies
Security Committee Training
National Incident Management System (NIMS) Training
Training Exercise development
CAT Eyes has written and administered over $4 million dollars in grants. In addition to writing the grants we handle all the administration. If you believe you are eligible for a particular grant then contact us. We will review the grant you think you are eligible for and then interview you. If we feel you are eligible and have a significant probability of obtaining the grant we will write it for no upfront costs. Based on a solid track record of performance, CAT Eyes works on a contingency basis, we only get paid if you get grant funds. If you do not receive grant funding, we do not receive payment. For more information contact us.
CAT Eyes Security Assessment will meet the requirements set by Federal Law for Motorcoach Operators. Through on site visits and corporate interviews, our vulnerability assessment will include:
- Identification and evaluation of critical assets and infrastructure
- Identification of vulnerabilities to those assets and infrastructure
- Identification of weaknesses in:
- physical security
- the security of programmable electronic devices, computers or other automated systems which are used in your industry
- alarms, cameras and other protection systems
- communications systems and utilities needed for security purposes, including emergency response planning and employee training
For more information contact us.
CAT Eyes Security plan will meet the requirements set by Federal Law for Motorcoach Operators. Through on site visits and corporate interviews, the Security Plan will include Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) requirements, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP) requirements and any other applicable requirements for your industry. The Security plan will include, but is not limited to:
- Terrorist attack response plans with law enforcement agencies, emergency responders and Federal officials
- Security Training plan for employees
- Enhanced security actions for company when the security level changes colors by the Secretary of DHS
- Plans for providing redundant and backup systems to ensure the continued operations of the company’s system in the event of a terrorist attack or a disaster; including:
- management checklists to respond to disasters
- shelter in place procedures
- bomb threat procedures
- exercise plans
For more information contact us.
- CAT Eyes Training will meet the requirements set by Federal Law for Motorcoach Operators. The C.A.T. Eyes program is an educational program that trains individuals on how to observe the indicators of terrorism and then how to properly report their findings. Training is about 3 hours long (time can be reduced) and covers:
- OVERVIEW OF TERRORISM
- WHAT SPECIFICALLY TO LOOK FOR
(Activities and tools of Support Cells, Operational Cells, and Intelligence cells)
- HOW TO PROPERLY REPORT FINDINGS
- COMPANY POLICIES
- TERRORISM SURVIVAL TECHNIQUES
All students are given Completion of Training Certificates, a lapel pin and an 80 page Citizen’s Terrorism Awareness and Survival Manual. (see below)
- This training has been utilized by Allied Security, American Water, Coach USA, Academy Bus, Trailways Bus, Bayer Pharmaceutical and numerous other small companies. The training has been approved for federal grant funding by the Office of Domestic Preparedness. CAT Eyes has had the course approved by various state agencies for Continuing Education Unit’s and/or contact hours. If you require your training courses to be approved by an outside regulatory agency for employees to get proper credit and documentation, CAT Eyes will get approval from that agency prior to conducting the training.
- The Community Anti-Terrorism Training Institute was endorsed by the Arab-American Institute, and other national and local law enforcement agencies. Click here to view our testimonials page. CAT Eyes non-racial profiling message has also received high praise from the media. Click here to view our in the news page.
- CAT Eyes can tailor the course to meet your company’s needs. CAT Eyes training meets all the federal imposed training requirements for bus, water companies, shipping, security and trucking corporations. If your corporate training needs to be approved by a state regulatory agency for Contact Hours or continuing Education Unit’s (CEU’s) our team will get the approval for you before the training is conducted. For more information contact us.
Security Committee Training for Employees
Awareness Leaders and Emergency Response Teams
The ALERT Team concept is Security Committee training for management only. It was developed by CAT Eyes and has been used by numerous companies since 2004. It was praised during Coach USA’s corporate review and a NJ DOT exercise in 2007 called Rapid Response.
Once a month your management team participates in a webinar and reviews and develops all your security plans and procedures. In order to make it sustainable, once a quarter the meeting and a drill is run by the Safety Director with Courseware provided by CAT Eyes. This has great sustainability because once all of the plans are in place the Safety Director can maintain the program with his quarterly security meetings and drills. In addition to the training CAT Eyes provides 10 hours of Security consulting every month to assist the ALERT Team in developing their security plan and program and developing a company wide security program. Below is a list of the various programs, plans and drills incorporated in ALERT Team Training. Having mid level-management trained as an ALERT Team is the cornerstone of an effective Security Program for any company. For more information contact us.
LEARN ABOUT GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS
TSA’s FIRST OBSERVER Program, FBI’s INFRAGARD Program, Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN), Surface & Public Transportation Information Sharing Analysis Center, Transportation Suspicious Incidents Report (TSIR), DHS Lesson learned Information Sharing (LLIS), and the Intermodal Security Training Exercise Program (I-STEP), National Incident Management System (NIMS), Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT Teams)
BUILD OR ENHANCE CURRENT PLANS
System Security Emergency Preparedness Plans (SSEPP), Vulnerability Assessment (VA), Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP), & Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP)
LEARN HOW TO DO COMPANY DRILLS
Building Evacuation, Suspicious Activity Reporting Procedures, Bomb Threat, suspicious package found, Employee Accountability, rise in DHS Homeland Security Advisory System (HSAS) actions, Communication Plan, Shelter in Place, practice response to Duress word, Robbery , Power out, exercise with local authorities, Police and Fire fighter extrication and coach familiarization.
For more information contact us.
National Incident Management System aka (NIMS) (ICS-700)
Incident Command Systems aka ICS (ICS-100)
CAT Eyes is proud to offer an 8 hour training course on how to respond to a disaster. It incorporates and exceeds all the curriculum of Introduction to National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) ICS 700 & Introduction to Incident Command Systems (ICS-100). These courses are considered mandatory for some personnel due to Homeland Security Presidential Directive 5 (HSPD-5), Management of Domestic Incidents. In accordance with HSPD-5 all employees that may have to respond to a disaster will have this training. This includes:
- All Federal, State, territorial, tribal, private sector and non-governmental personnel at the entry level, first line supervisor level, middle management level, and command and general staff level of emergency management operation.
- For private industry this includes private critical infrastructure partners such as transportation (bus and trucking), utilities (water and electric) and medical personnel.
As a motorcoach operator your management should have this training since you may have disaster response obligations. Also if you are a DOD carrier or receiving government grants or contracts you are required to have this training. The 8 hour class is extremely interesting and interactive with built in exercises and videos. Our students receive certificates of completion from FEMA and are registered in the NIMS database run by DHS. Students consistently rate this course on average a 9 out of 10. All students are given FEMA Certificates for ICS 100, ICS 700, a lapel pin, and a student workbook.
For more information contact us.
CAT Eyes will develop an entire Multi-year or Single Exercise plan tailored for your company. The CAT Eyes Exercise Development Team has planned and executed the entire scope from drills to full scale (see diagram below). They can also represent your company at exercise planning conferences to ensure that it will meet your corporate goals in participating in a government run exercise. For more information contact us.